Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: '02 Caravan ~ Headlights Dim -- Why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:51 AM
quantass
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question '02 Caravan ~ Headlights Dim -- Why?

I have a 2002 Dodge Caravan SE (3.3). I've had it for a while but noticed the nighttime lights are quite dim. I can still drive around fine but it would be nice to have it brighter as well as align its vertical a bit higher.

The headlight glass container appears a bit misty on the inside. Could this be the sole reason for my dim issue OR do i need an upgraded LED? bulb.

What can you tell me about dim headlights and how to align it vertically. For the record the high beams do make things brighter but its not remarkable enuf to cause oncoming drivers to complain which normally is the case for other vehicles i had.

Thanks.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A common complaint on Chrysler corp minivans and many other vehicles. Saw a spot on the news not too long ago that few headlights pass the IIHS tests. All we can do is make sure you have the brightest optional bulbs installed and keep the lenses clean. That "misty" appearance is usually on the outside and can be removed by any number of plastic lense cleaners on the market. Some have gone to the extend of using a combination of fine grit sand papaers to clear them. Either way when done they look like new. Can't help on the alignment.

Any evidence of a weak battery? Might try checking the voltage at the bulb sockets.

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-27-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:06 PM
quantass
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there some science on what is occurring to the headlight covering?