Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Cooing fan issue. Possible PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Redland Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooing fan issue. Possible PCM?

Cooing fans work fine with the ac on but if the ac is off it will sometimes turn them on in low speed but for very little time and most of the time not at all. Funny thing is the temp gauge never passes half way even when hot steam starts overflowing out of the reservoir tank.First thing i replaced was the radiator cap. If i disconnect the temp sensor the fans will come on in high speed. I replaced the temp sensor and verified good ground and 5 volts to sensor plug. I also put in a known working ipm. At this point i have to assume the problem is the PCM as i cannot see any other option. Any advice would be appreciated before i order a new pcm. Thanks, Luis

Old 01-17-2017, 03:56 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Hook it up to a scanner that can read live data and see what the PCM is seeing in regards to coolant temp.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Redland Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally was able to pick up my scanner. Radiator was spilling out coolant at 213 degrees. Replaced radiator and problem solved. Car actually runs at about 221 idle and fans come on somewhere around 225