Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Grand Caravan Window problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 PM
db99wj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Grand Caravan Window problem

My wife's 05 Grand Caravan's passenger side window has completely stopped operating. You can not roll it down with either the drivers door or the door itself. The power lock still works fine. When you push the window button you can see the power draw in the lights (they dim a little when you press the button)

Any ideas? It's under warranty with carmax, but if it is something simple, I would rather do it.

I just replaced 2 lock actuator motors and rods on my 99 Grand Cherokee, so I am not a noob when it comes to getting into a door panel.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:24 AM
1DODGE
Default RE: 2005 Grand Caravan Window problem

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY WIFES 2002 UNDER WARRANTY YHE DEALERSHIP REPLACED THE POWER MOTOR BOTH DOORS.I SAY IF ITS UNDER WARRANTY LET THEM DO IT.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:24 PM
tenntech
Professional
Default RE: 2005 Grand Caravan Window problem

I'd say 1DODGE is right. It probably needs a motor and regulator assembly. There is no need to replace both sides, only the side that has failed. These regulators are a little hard to replace and if you haven't done one this probably is not the one to learn on.

Quick Reply: 2005 Grand Caravan Window problem