Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge caravan 2001 rear belts don't catch

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:22 PM
temp409
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge caravan 2001 rear belts don't catch

Everyone should jerk their shoulder straps in the rear of any 2001 Dodge caravan! We wrecked 2 days ago, my little girl who is 12 was CORRECTLY wearing her seatbelt when we hit at about 35mph, her shoulder strap didn't catch and she suffered a concussion and her face is badly hurt- I HAVE PICS! Her face slamed the back of driver seat into the handle that is on back of drivers seat. I did notice today when we went to look at our van If you jerk on the front seat belts they catch very well= me and my husband were not hurt at all but if you jerk the shoulder straps in the back NONE will catch and we paid the price, JUST CHECK YOUR BELTS!!!!

Old 03-11-2006, 10:45 AM
wireman
Default RE: Dodge caravan 2001 rear belts don't catch

Sorry to hear of your crash. Hope your daughter gets along well. Did you report it to the NHTSA? They have an 800 number.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:06 AM
temp409
Default RE: Dodge caravan 2001 rear belts don't catch

Yes I did the report thing online, Daughter is doing well face still looks pretty blue black and burgundy but Thank God shes ok! Why does Dodge put diffent catching mechanisms for front shoulder straps than for the back ones? Does anyone know? Dodge Durango does the same thing I noticed. Jerk the front shoulder straps see how good they catch then jerk all the back ones and see how they don't catch. Its like Dodge just cares about saftey ratings for front and where our greatest gifts our kids are seating Dodge don't care if they are safe or not.

Quick Reply: Dodge caravan 2001 rear belts don't catch