Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need sway bars for 2001 T&C

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 04:24 AM
GrumpyJim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need sway bars for 2001 T&C

I have looked high and low for after market sway bars, front and rear, for my 2001 Chrysler Town & Country. ADDCO has them listed, but they seem to have a customer service malfunction. Does anyone know where I can find a quality set of sway bars and bushings?

Thanks,

Grump

Old 03-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Need sway bars for 2001 T&C

Hey, check out www.ChryslerForum.com

It is the sister site of www.DodgeForum.com

Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 PM
neon_rt

shox.com
I just received a set for my 2000 GC (front and back). The application notes says it's for 96-05 models.
The front kit comes with the bar (duh) and a set of OEM bushing drilled to the proper size.
They expect you to use the OEM links that you already have.
The back bar comes with everything you need to mount it to the frame and rear axle.
It has a lot of extra parts and minimal instructions, it looks like the parts are for the different years and it also looks
like it will use the factory setup if you already have a rear bar (I don't).
On my last '00GC I used a Helwig rear bar and kept the front one stock.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Dodge Balls

ORIGINAL: neon_rt

shox.com
I just received a set for my 2000 GC (front and back). The application notes says it's for 96-05 models.
The front kit comes with the bar (duh) and a set of OEM bushing drilled to the proper size.
They expect you to use the OEM links that you already have.
The back bar comes with everything you need to mount it to the frame and rear axle.
It has a lot of extra parts and minimal instructions, it looks like the parts are for the different years and it also looks
like it will use the factory setup if you already have a rear bar (I don't).
On my last '00GC I used a Helwig rear bar and kept the front one stock.
Wow, I'm interested to know how your mod turns out! How much did the bars cost? Did you notice a difference?

Old 03-27-2006, 02:55 AM
GrumpyJim

I did receive sway bars from ADDCO, but unfortunately they didn't ship most of the hardware that is s'posed to be included. I'll have to call them tomorrow and find out what happened. I wish I could recommend these people to others, but I'm afraid with all the trouble and problems I've had with them, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

When I get the work done, I'll post about it and show pictures.

Grump

Old 04-06-2006, 09:19 PM
neon_rt

It made a huge difference in the way the van handles. It feels more like a well behaved car than a minivan.
I had to take the van back to the installer and have the rear bar tightened b/c it loosened itself up after a couple of days.
If I were doing this again, I would stick to the Helwig rear bar that I put on my other '00 GC and leave the front alone.
Now I have a sweak coming from the Front mounts that I didn't have with the OEM.

Quick Reply: Need sway bars for 2001 T&C