Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

power outlet/cig. lighter

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
td1
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone added/modded additional power outlets in the back of the van? im looking to do this in the next week for upcoming road trip, gotta keep the kids devices up and running otherwise it will be a "less than pleasant" skiKation!!!

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...ck-of-van.html

td1

Old 03-16-2013, 01:13 AM
td1
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok.....got the aux power socket and usb socket installed in the rear armrest compartments of the 96 3.8L hippievan. also got the new headlights installed too (whole unit, not just bulbs).

drivers left is the dual usb sockets. awesome.

drivers right is the power accessory socket. awesome.

installs took about 3 hours. not bad. skiKation, bring it on!

td1

Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 PM
fyremt881
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, as it's a very comparable issue...

2008 DGC SXT 4.0

Front center stack outlet (lower) and front center console outlet, both attached to battery, not working.

I have checked the fuses: M6, M7, M36. All are good. M6 does not have power with the ignition off. M7, in the acc position, does not have power with the battery off. M36 does have power with the battery off.

Checked the center stack outlet with a multimeter. No power to the lower (battery) outlet with ignition on or off. No power at the wires on the back of the outlet.

Basically, I am at a loss on my next move to try and figure this out.

Any help, I would certainly appreciate it.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 PM
jeneineballard
Default 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport

I am having similar problems with my van. The upper power outlet and radio are not working. My manual does not have a print out of the fuse box label and the inside of the fuse box is labeled with abbreviations only, no numbers. If anyone is familiar with this model and what fuses to check please let me in on the secret. My family and I are leaving for a 17 hour car drive to Florida next Thursday with two 6 year olds (we will need radio and or dvds)

Old 07-30-2014, 08:42 AM
nentendo
Default 2009 Dodge Grand Caraven... battery and power outlet not working

hello to all.

i have 2009 dodge Grand Caravan SE, 2 days ago my tire got flat and it was little raining, i have 2 cigaret outlet (power and battery) under my cup holder, i use to use those to fill up the air to my tire using air compressor. but that day when i insert the wire to use the air compressor, didn't start and than after than i noticed 2 other device use to work with those outlet doesn't work either

Now both outlet doesn't work, if some one can help me out to figure this out i would really appreciate, i checked all the mini fuse and all are working.

thanks

Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nentendo
hello to all.

i have 2009 dodge Grand Caravan SE, 2 days ago my tire got flat and it was little raining, i have 2 cigaret outlet (power and battery) under my cup holder, i use to use those to fill up the air to my tire using air compressor. but that day when i insert the wire to use the air compressor, didn't start and than after than i noticed 2 other device use to work with those outlet doesn't work either

Now both outlet doesn't work, if some one can help me out to figure this out i would really appreciate, i checked all the mini fuse and all are working.

thanks
nentendo,

I'm sorry to learn of your power outlet concerns. Both power outlets draw energy from different sources. The top outlet is designed to operate with the ignition switch and the lower outlet is connected directly to the battery.

Have you attempted to use the outlets with the vehicle on and off?

It is possible the issue is fuse related, or a perhaps a loose wire or connection.

Have you noticed any other electrical issues present since your outlets stopped working?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2002 Caravan, the power outlet and the radio use the same fuse 5, 20a

The 2009 has 2 separate fuses for the power outlets in the console, M6 and M36. One is B+ and the other ignition fed

Old 08-30-2014, 04:10 PM
getfixed

Have a 2008 Dodge Caravan and both my cigarette lighter and the power source plug don't work but radio dose..can someone please post a picture of what fuse (s) it is to fix this!? Thanks

Old 05-28-2015, 10:08 PM
vbreeze27
Default Front 12 Volt Power Outlet

i have a 2013 dodge journey and my front 12v power outlet isnt working, the fuse box in the engine doesnt really help me since its not easy to read, can someone please help me?

Old 12-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Jim L

I have the same problem with my 2010 dodge grand caravan. I traced the wire to the firewall inside the car. I have to look under the hood to the fuse box. and yes all fuses are good.

Quick Reply: power outlet/cig. lighter