Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Middle seat to rear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:22 PM
mrstang01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle seat to rear?

We'd like to be able to move the short middle seat to the rear in our 06 Caravan, but of course, the legs don't match up with the slots in the floor. Short of taking it to Pimp my Ride, is there a way to do this? Do the slots exist for the shorter seat under the carpet? I'd look, but SO is on a trip right now.

Thanks,

Michael

Old 07-21-2006, 03:42 PM
ASH
Veteran
Default RE: Middle seat to rear?

I think you can move the rear seat to the middle position, but you cannot move the middle seat to the rear position. The middle seat on our 97 Caravan is offset to the driver's side, it will hit the side of the van if it is moved to the rear. The rear seat is centered over the floor, so it does not hit the sides. I think there are two different sets of slots in the middle position, which allows either the middle or rear seat to be placed in that location.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:51 PM
mrstang01

Current slots do not match up, correct, I'm wondering if they have the other slot under the carpet or not.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:57 PM
ASH
Veteran

I'm pretty sure there is only one set of slots in the rear, so that only the 3-person seat can be put in the rear. I don't think there are any other slots under the carpet in the rear of the van.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:59 PM
mrstang01

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Middle seat to rear?