Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake controller on Grand caravan 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Baveux
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake controller on Grand caravan 2006

Hi guys, a new old French Canadian here to learn about Dodge and to practice the English language so bear with me...

I brought home my brand new GC SXT 2006 yesterday.I installed the trailer hitch and the trailer wiring supplied in the towing package

Now I need to know to which wire I have to connect my tekonsha controler. The controller need to be connected to the cold side of the brake switch.

I think I found the switch, I think that there is 6 or more wire leaving this little device.

I am not absolutly sure that it is that little white connector right beside the brake pedal. Its so cramped there that I connot fit a finger behind ( no joke please..)

So can I get a picture from a shop manual from one of you guys,?? with the wiring diagram that would be nice ... ? If not, maybe one of you have a controller installed ?? Can you take a look at where the RED wire from the controller is connected ??

I am leasing that van so this is why I do not want to fork 100.00 dollars in a manual.

I know , the newbie ask for a lot of answer but wait until I can speak English

Sorry if you need a Tylenol by now..

Old 07-31-2006, 01:13 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Brake controller on Grand caravan 2006

Here ya go.
Post back with results.

[IMG]local://upfiles/948/CECC314DA1544DD9A458E86EE16D00A3.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Baveux

Wow !!! Thanks a lot Dodgerules. I really and I mean really appreciate.

I will do it during the week end of august 11/12 and I will post back the result.

Rest assure that I will keep a cold one in the fridge for you your name will be on it too !!!

Thanks !!!

Old 08-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Baveux

Job done !!! a breeze.....no not really but not too bad. I am glad its done and I want to thanks you again for your help dear Dodgerules86 and you fully deserve ... [sm=groupwave.gif]

Quick Reply: Brake controller on Grand caravan 2006