Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Pass Floor Wet From Air Con Leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 03:19 PM
cbangs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pass Floor Wet From Air Con Leak

Can ahyone help? I some times have water in pass floor, i have checked and it is from air con drain >dodge sold me a o-ring but i dont see how to put it on,there is a hard plastic drain tube on firewall and it will not come off?so how do i stop the leaking into the pass floor>please help

Old 09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
rube740
Default RE: Pass Floor Wet From Air Con Leak

Wow, I have the same problem and can't get it fixed I hope someone will help you.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:50 AM
zum_23

have you looked at the heater core to see if its leaking

Old 09-19-2006, 09:30 PM
bluer101

It just might be that the drain tube is clogged with buildup. Try to blow out the drain tube.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:42 PM
67cobain94

The Caravans have a problem with the drain tube not draining. It's not that they're clogged they just don't drain it seems like the engine is blowing the water right back in the hole. If you take your van to your Dodge dealership they will install a molded 90 degree hose on the end of the drain tube and that will correct it. There isn't a specific part number for the hose or anything, I believe it's actually an Evap canister hose off of something but we keep them in at stock at the dealership because they are perfect. The dealer will charge you an hour to do it because it's 100 times easier if you have a lift. All you need to do is go from straight under the vehicle with it ice cold and put your arm through the holes in the subframe and slip a 90 degree hose right over the drain tube. I hope this helps some.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:45 PM
poppabear

I had that problem with my 90. I found the rubber drain tube and found it clogged with dirt and lint, i took a razor and cut above it to make the hole larger and never had the problen again

Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 AM
cbangs

thanks, i talked to my dealer and they sold me a 90 degree drain tube from a jeep wrangler to put on the drain tube and it solved the problem.

Quick Reply: Pass Floor Wet From Air Con Leak