Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1992 caravan front end shake

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:14 AM
hudd92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 caravan front end shake

My wife and I own a 1992 Caravan that has a pretty bad front end shke to it when we accelerate. It would begin shaking when we hit about 20 mph and come out of the shke at about 40 mph.

We thought maybe it was a bad tire, so we had the front tires replaced today. While we were getting the tire replaced, the mechanic informed us that the front left CV assembly was leaking and asked us if we wanted to replace it right then. We did not have it done, since we did not have the money for it. We still have the shake, I have a couple of questions.

1. Could this have been the reason for the shake all along?

2. How critical of a repair is this? Could it wait if it had to? If so, for how long?

Old 11-04-2006, 11:42 AM
computerpulse
Default RE: 1992 caravan front end shake

2 Factors that I know cause front end shakes: Axles and Motor Mounts. Yes correcting the axles will improve your performance on this vehicle. Will it completely stop the shakes? Have them check out the motor mounts as well. This should solve your shaking problem. Plus make sure your front end is aligned.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:49 PM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 1992 caravan front end shake

This is a very critical repair.Once the grease is thrown out the bearings will start to wear and if water gets in it will only make this all happen faster.This will eventually get you a tow bill to add to the cost of replacement.
Yes it could have caused the shake but without driving the van it's hard to tell.

Quick Reply: 1992 caravan front end shake