Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

98 caravan seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:58 PM
joesbaby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 caravan seats

I was told my middle bench seat of my new to me caravan would lay down. does anyone konw how to get it to do this? also, i dont know much about a mini van. this is my first one, and i didnt get a book wiht this one. any other little tips and advice is totally appriciated.

thanks
ericka

Old 11-06-2006, 02:00 AM
greaseangel
Professional
Default RE: 98 caravan seats

I know the rear one does, but I'm not sure about the middle. The rear seat had a lever on the passenger side, on the back of the seat. Just lift it up, and it folds down. If the middle seat does the same, it should be in the same place.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Rasta
Default RE: 98 caravan seats

I have a 97 Grand Caravan, which has Captain Chairs in the middle, and a bench at the rear.
I was told (thought) they were interchangeable, but I don't think the tracks are even close to matching up.
I removed the rear bench all together, as I use my van to transport DJ gear, and I need the space (and then some)

There is a lever, on the right side of both the Captain's Chairs that allow them to lay back, pretty much flat.
Besides having to transport a sheet of styrofoam, that prompted me to do it, the 6 year old I was driving around, decided to be cool and lay back, and had no trouble finding the lever, so, if its there, you too will find it. Just pull it up, and then push back. If you have weight against the back when you life the lever, it might not go back, you need to take the load off it to let the lever raise up high enough.

Hopefully, they are all the same, from 97 and 98, and I don't know if there is a difference in any model of the Caravan.

Quick Reply: 98 caravan seats