Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

new engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:25 AM
elephants
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine

Hi i'm new here but have been turning wrenches for over 20 years. Which has its good and bad points. I have a general question and am looking for suggestions, a fresh perspective if you will. I have recently acquired a 83 maxi van 350 (hey, it was free) and i want to replace/upgrade the engine. I can machine the current block, i can get a big HP crate engine or, and this is where i am going with this, i can install a newer engine (preferably a hemi 5.7) the big question is how much of the wiring harness, sensors, input to the PCM has to modified? Or can i simply bypass them and just run engine mgmnt protocols on the board only? Its not so much technical information i am asking its more like does anyone have any ideas that i havent thought of? A different direction to go in. The objective is a little more horsepower and hopefully a little better fuel efficiency. These elephants were not designed to be fuel efficient they are big heavy 3/4, 1 and 1-1/2 ton work horses. Some came with seats and air and stereos etc.[/size]

Quick Reply: new engine