Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Rear Heat/AC vents not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
vegascoug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Heat/AC vents not working

I recently bought a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport Edition and when I got it the rear vents located on the roof by each seat worked great with the A/C. However I have noticed lately that they aren't working any more. At first I thought maybe it was just for A/C and not for heat, but I tried putting ont he A/C and they don't work either. The one in the very back behind the last row of seats works great, both by the front controls and the rear control. But I don't get any heat/air from the top vents. The ones behind the armrest of the front seats work too.

Any ideas why this might not be working? Is there a fuse or a relay that just controls those vents? A motor that may have gone out, or possibly an idiot switch that me or my kids have turned off somewhere?

Please help, it's bugging me to no end.

Thanks

Mike

Old 12-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Jetmeck
Amateur
Default RE: Rear Heat/AC vents not working

On our 2000 I thought something was wrong with roof vents also. After reading the DODGE factory service manual I was even more confused.
In it's simplest terms most or all of the heat will come from the lower vents and the AC will come from the roof vents. The paragraph
describing how they work was complicated but basically that is what it boils down too. Put your AC on in high recirc mode with both temp controls all the way cold and your roof vents should blow. Put your heater on full with the temp control full hot and the floor vent behind the passenger second row seat should blow.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:59 PM
vegascoug
Default RE: Rear Heat/AC vents not working

Thanks, found a thread yesterday, maybe by you, where it mentioned something to that effect so I went home and tried it. Sure enough, A/C cold air blows like gail force winds out of those, no heat. Just glad to know something isn't broken, I'm okay with it now.

Quick Reply: Rear Heat/AC vents not working