Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Headlights turning on by themselves??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:06 PM
minivanmegafun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights turning on by themselves??

I have a 1999 Grand Caravan that does the weirdest thing. I've noticed that sometimes the headlights seem to turn themselves on. It's happened just a handful of times and I figured that I must have left them on. But one time I came out to go pick up the kids at 3:00pm and the lights were on. I hadn't driven the van since the day before so I *think* I would have noticed if they were on all night. I thought maybe some kids walking home must have turned them on. Although I had no idea why anyone would do that.

But anyway, today I went out into the garage and the lights were not on. Then I went back out about 10 min later and the lights were on. The switch was turned to the lights on position. Now I do have kids but the only one who would do this is my 2 yo and he can't open the van doors.

How can the lights turn themselves on? There is one other issue with the lights, when I open the driver door, the interior lights do not come on anymore and the bell doesn't ring if I've left the lights on (which is why I've always figured the headlights turning on was actually me leaving them on until today) Has anyone else's headlights ever turned themselves on or is my van haunted??

Old 12-10-2006, 01:35 AM
caravan99
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlights turning on by themselves??

Yes!!! You left the lights on!! When you leave the light on it turn of after a few minutes.. when you open thje doors or unlock the doors with remote control it will tern on again!

or ...... Santa is around your house!!

Quick Reply: Headlights turning on by themselves??