Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Oops, now I got to fix it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:28 AM
chukar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oops, now I got to fix it!

Well I spend most of my time on the DF in the cummins section. Also bought my wife a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan for carting the kids around about two months ago.

The situation goes like this:
We had some "Santa" presents hiding in the storage space above the garage. She is taking the kids to the grandparent's house in the morning and so in the process of loading up the stow and go, while the kids were distracted with other things, I get the secret presents out of the attic. While getting down, I slip off the shelves (what I use to climb into the attic) and bust the mirror off the passenger side of the van.

Yes, in case you are wondering, she was in the garage at the time and, well let's just say it was one of those moments that silence is not necessarily a bad thing.

I got the whole assembly taken off the side of the van and taped up all of the holes in the side of the van so she can still travel tomorrow. BTW where does the wire that goes to the mirror end up? (entire wiring harness? plug in somewhere?)

So now you know the story, but my question is:
What model years can I find a replacement mirror from? (Again hers is a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT) I would like to find one maybe at a junkyard or something and put it on myself, that would save some $, in theory unless I break something else in the process.

Any help would be appreciated. I'll check with the guys in the diesel side just in case they also have a mini at home, but thought I would direct the question first to those who actually own minivans.

Thanks,

Old 12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
minivanin
Professional
Default RE: Oops, now I got to fix it!

i'm pretty sure just anything '01 & up

-greg

Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Oops, now I got to fix it!

Anything from 2001 to 2005 will work as long as it has the same features as the original. No tricks to replace it either, the hard part is done already!

Quick Reply: Oops, now I got to fix it!