Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Drivers remote door lock inoperable

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:47 AM
JRR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers remote door lock inoperable

I have a 2003 Caravan with remote door locks. The remote key fob works for all doors with the exception of the drivers door. When using the key manually the other doors will open and lock as well. I removed the door panel and all wires and rods are attached. The remote acuator on the drivers door is not responding. Is there a way to reset it or do I need a new one. If I buy it used how does it mate to my current remote key fob?
Thanks...JRR

Old 01-12-2007, 08:51 PM
richardh05k
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drivers remote door lock inoperable

JRR,
The remote locking mech. don't actualy receive a signal from the fob. You may replace them without replacing your fob.
You can check the locking motor by hooking a VOM to the wires going to the motor. If you read 12V when the locks are activated and the motor stil does not work you will need to replace the locking motor in the door. If you don't receive 12VDC then you have a wireing problem elswhere. May be in the keyswitch in the door.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Drivers remote door lock inoperable