Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

caravan 2004 BCM trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:46 PM
stefmecano
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caravan 2004 BCM trouble

hi! i'm new in the forum.I just bought a caravanSXT 2004 3.3l , anybody had trouble with the BCM for accessories? my back-up lamp signal isnt comming out the bcm.I'm a technician for a hyundai dealer in Canada and we change some BCM for a new version for different type of troubles like wiper dosnt work, lights dont come on, no start (with immobiliser), flasher stay on one side... Is the caravan have problems like that? and what i should watch for upcuming problems? Thanks a lot for your answer

Old 01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
hutch109
Default RE: caravan 2004 BCM trouble

I have seen more trouble with the switch in the column than the BCM when going into reverse. You may want to investigate that a little more.

Eric

Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
stefmecano
Default RE: caravan 2004 BCM trouble

Idon't have the van yet and i did'nt check for that trouble. The use car dealer told me that back-up lamp dose'nt work properly...He told me the bcmhad no output for b-up lamp? Sound weird to me, but the funniest part of that,the dealerseams to replace expensive part before doing small test like the switch... or 2 burn lamps... lol! The 3year's/60000km warranty is gonesoI don't pay for those repairs...bcm is expensive (800-1000$ canadian for Hyundai) I will go to the use car dealer tomorrow and see what happens... May be I will ring some bells... Thanks a lot for your answer,I willlet you know what's going on.

Quick Reply: caravan 2004 BCM trouble