Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Rear DVD sound operation

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:54 PM
dec_61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear DVD sound operation

I recently purchased a used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan (last 8 of VIN=6B677236). It came equipped with a rear DVD screen and the DVD's are played through the vehicles Radio/CD player in the dash (REV model). My problem deals with the use of headphones. The vehicle didn't come with headphones and I contacted my local dealer. He said based on my VIN that the vehicle uses the RF model (instead of the IR model) headphones. I purchased the RF model headphones and they don't work. I tried the IR model and they don't work either. When I select DVD with the remote control, the DVD screen comes on and the headphone symbol comes on on the radio display; however, the DVD audio is still routed through the van's sound system. According to the owner's manual, when turning the DVD on, the sound to the rear speakers should be stopped and routed to the wireless headphones.
My question is: Did Dodge make a model that doesn't use headphones at all, just the vehicles sound system. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Old 01-18-2007, 10:04 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Rear DVD sound operation

Depends on the system, do you have the single disc DVD in the dash or the 6 disc DVD changer?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:14 PM
dec_61

It is the single-disc one. "REV" in the bottom left of the radio/CD/DVD player.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:17 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran

That style DVD system does not support headphones. You would need to upgrade the system.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 AM
mv_owner

I have a 2005 Grand Caravan that has the 6 DVD/CD Changer and I have the wireless headphones and I cannot get the headphones to work, can you give me some suggestions on what I can try?

Quick Reply: Rear DVD sound operation