Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 voyager problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:34 PM
vipergg
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 voyager problem

Have a 96 Voyager with the 3.0 V6 . When it gets cold you go to start the van it starts up ok then the idle starts going really high and won't come back down . If you shift into drive and try to drive it the van surges and bucks and generally doesn't run worth a you know what . Initially I thought IAC but I don't think that would make it buck severely like it is doing . This has been a problem the last couple of winters but not as bad . The thing is it almost completely goes away when it gets warmer out . It's not throwing any codes , 12,55 only . Once it gets warmed up completly it doesn't run too bad . Plugs have maybe 20000 miles on them , wires may be 45-50K . Nobody can seem to pin this down . I'm just trying to get this thru till the better weather gets here and then I am going to start looking for a new vehicle but this problem was really bad this morning , it was really cold last night here like 15 degrees . Any ideas ?

Old 01-22-2007, 12:50 AM
moautophd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96 voyager problem

MAP sensors used to cause a similar condition. Might check that. Codes 12 and 55 are normal. MAP could be an issue but still operating within parameters and not setting the code.

Quick Reply: 96 voyager problem