Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

07 -- upgrade from middle bench seat to stow n go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:36 AM
slmizel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 -- upgrade from middle bench seat to stow n go?

I have an 07 Caravan bought used. It has a middle bench seat but I would like to upgrade it to stow n go... does anyone know what would be involved? I was hoping it would be an easy switch out, but am not familiar with the stow n go seats enough to know.I have the third row stowngoand the compartments in the floor for the second row... I put a call into the dealership, and they could not tell me (said they would call me back when they figured it out and I never heard back). Anyone know?

Old 02-25-2007, 10:53 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: 07 -- upgrade from middle bench seat to stow n go?

You would have to buy the seats and all of the necessary hardware. Should be able to find a wrecked '05 or '06 with the same color interior. Should work, don't see why it wouldn't. The bodies are all built the same whether they have it or not. Honestly I would worry about it, I have an '05 Town and Country and have only opened the compartments to vacuum and to put the seats down one time. You have to slide both front seats all the way forward to put the mddle seats down.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:37 PM
slmizel
Default RE: 07 -- upgrade from middle bench seat to stow n go?

I use my van to move stuff at least twice a year and the middle seat is a pain to keep taking out and in. The handle on the back is an improvement that helps taking it out, but putting it back in is still a pill. I haven't had any problems, but I could see myself hurting my back doing that one of these days.

As far as getting the seats, I have a line on a couple (right year / color) for a couple hundred bucks. I can feel the anchors for the seats under teh carpet, so I can just cut through for that...but it's the front of the seats that are a concern. How do the s n g seats anchor to the floor in the front? Maybe I just need to take a run to the dealership and take a closer look at one that has them installed.

Quick Reply: 07 -- upgrade from middle bench seat to stow n go?