Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

New Vette or SRT Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Paveway
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You're on a Dodge forum asking which one to get?

I've got an '06 Vette and plan on parking a Challenger next to it. If you plan on taking long road trips, get the Challenger, I guess. It looks to be more comfortable for long trips or cruise nights. My Vette is the 3rd one I've owned (C4, C5 and C6), and this is the most comfortable one so far. But I can only stand to be in it for 2.5 hours, max, before I start having lower back issues, even with the adjustable lumbar support. And one of my legs will start going to sleep from poor circulation from the seat pressure. I love the thing, but ugggggh....The Wife and I take a family sized car when we go out to dinner. I'm not liking getting older. Better than dying young, though.

I sat in a Challenger and felt like I was in a big luxury car. Roomy and comfy. Havent driven one yet though.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:37 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenger.

/ thread.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corvette for me...A Z06

The new Vettes are so Dam good looking, if you want the all out performance car, A plain jane vette will sutt down a SRT 8 every which way on any given day.

I do like the Challenger, price wise, A R/T challenger is more in reach than a SRT 8, but Challengers are not that cheap to buy, cheaper than a Z06.

I test drove a R/T with the 6sp and It really hurt to give the car back, the Challenger Fit me so well and thiers a back seat, I found the ride and handeling better than a New Mustang and the Hemi has all kinds of power, But its still a big car, huge compared to a Vette + the Z06 is packing why more cubic in.

Steat light to streat light the Challenegr can beat a Vette, THe corvette is more of race car on a race course, Challenger just comes out to be more practical.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Smoov
Thumbs up Challenger

I had the same dilemma. Opted for the Challenger: No Regrets. Driving the Challenger ('08 Black) is like being a rock star (still). 10 months later and still getting "What is it?, Can I take a picture?".....

With some modifications, the Car is as fast or faster than most vettes and still has room for 4 or 5, and after 6 hours behind the wheel: No sore back!!!

Big blind spot behind the C pillars is probably the biggest negative. Well worth it IMHO.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 AM
BACNBLK

Just bought my '09 R/T. WOW! Can't go 1 mile from home without someone Giving me a thumbs up or at a light rolling down windows and gawking and commenting.
Great ride,comfortable,Fast. Brilliant Black Crystal pearl coat. The metal flake is awesome! The SRT8 was a little past my reach. Very,very happy with the R/T. Going to add a CAI for right now.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
dbvettez06

will buy new when i can find a dealer willing to deal...

Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
redcobrasc

I would say it would depend on what you want to do with your Chally. If you want the badest Muscule Car, get the Shelby it has the looks and the power which walks all over G.M (Government Motors) or Fiat , My Bro-n-law has a SRT/8 and wont take it out when Im ruling the streets.

I did see a 6 banger Challenger this weekend and would have probably got one if they made them in a convertible and 3 years earlier, they do have a nice style to them as oppose the Charger and I love all the pony cars, Im not so sure about the new Crapmaro thou.

Name:  DSCN4769.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  hotwheels.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  35.6 KB

Before you start flaming on me, I do own a Dakota and choose the best 4 door mid size pickup available of the big 3, I believe in trying to keep it American other then my dirtbikes.

LET the Flaming begin.

Name:  DSCN1004.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  122.0 KB

Name:  DSCN0562.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  57.3 KB

Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Py1stazty
Professional

the neighborhood kids must cream their pants when you leave that driveway

Old 10-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Eric-the-one

I just traded in my 09 ZHZ corvette convertable 437hp 6 sp auto on a SRT8 6.4 manual 6 speed. I miss the vette. It was way faster and alot of fun to drive. I just wanted more room as in the challenger. I was surprised on how much slower the challenger was. I think it is a weight to hp ratio that made the vette so fast. I do enjoy driving it also. Actually I like them both and miss the vette. If I had the money I would buy the vette back. The 470 hp challenger is a bit more thirsty than the vette. I could get 2 to 3 miles more per gallon with the vette.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:00 AM
reckster360
Amateur

Mopar or no car

Quick Reply: New Vette or SRT Challenger