Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

British Newbie Challenger v Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 AM
Buckers32
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default British Newbie Challenger v Mustang

Hi all, I'm not new to the site as I was a RAM 1500 5.7 owner.

I'm in the British Army, again I'm based in Germany thank God, which means I can buy tax free cars and what very few Brit soldiers know is that I can buy US cars.

I'm just after peoples thoughts really I run a SMAX which is a 2.0 TDci 7 str family car which I need to keep as I have 4 children the eldest is off to Uni in 16mths. So I am on a budget but not enough for me to really struggle to get a 2nd new car, although I think an R/T and above would be excessive.

I visited Ramstein Air Base yesterday and had a look at the Challenger and the Mustang, both of which I'm interested in the V6 models.

Pro's and con's

The V6 Mustang is slightly cheaper, has better fuel economy and better 0-60, but is only a 4 str and with a 2015 European and UK version coming out I'd imagine the value will shoot through the floor.

The V6 Challenger has 5 seats and as above, but is also harder to see out of on our smaller European roads and cities. One massive plus is that the thing that come as standard on the Challenger are extras on the Mustang.

Anyway nice to meet you all in adv and I look forward to any input on things that I have overlooked.

Quick Reply: British Newbie Challenger v Mustang