Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Inquiry- 'Motor Swap' Pentastar to Hellcat

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:55 AM
synoptic12
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Inquiry- 'Motor Swap' Pentastar to Hellcat

The conversation has been part of other forums. I would like to know if a Hellcat motor can replace a 3.6 liter Pentastar. Irrespective of the price, I believe that most of the components are the same, including suspension. Naturally, the driveshaft, rear differential, speedometer along with the computer module would need to be upgraded. If there is more that I'm missing, please advise. If any wish to include a price, please feel free.

* One never knows if they may be able to acquire a Hellcat motor. All responses are welcome.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:57 PM
GotRPM
Professional
Cool

A month late to the party, but this is a very impractical - and expensive - engine swap. The Hellcat motor is hundreds of pounds heavier than the little Pentastar, the suspensions are NOT the same. Springs, shocks, sway bars, wheels, exhaust, and all brake components are different. The transmission is different than even that used in the ScatPack.

Engine swaps with modern engines are not very practical, but Anything can happen with enough money. But really, you would be worlds ahead to actually buy a Hellcat, new or used. The factory warranty has a lot of value.

You have probably already heard all this but lurkers maybe not.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:53 AM
synoptic12
Rookie

Thank you very much for the reply. It was just a thought upon my part. The Pentastar is good enough. You did provide the details I was seeking. I would have answered sooner but I was on vacation. Thanks for your time, and valued information.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:20 AM
phillip123hastings
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is actually not so simple. First of all the motors are different in size and weight. However, if you have the money, everything can be done.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:46 AM
synoptic12
Rookie

There is no question that swapping a motor in a newer vehicle entails more problems than I originally planned upon. The bottom line, when one leaves this world, what relevance on owing a hellcat shall prove to be anything more than owing a material object which is meaningless? Not any can increase their stature by owing anything which may be considered an unnecessary, or an item of envy. We come into the world with nothing and we leave the world with nothing. Our merits are contained in our works and by them shall each of us be judged. Money can solve may issues and is surely a defense, but money is not an item to be looked upon as a treasure.

Thank you very much for the reply and your insight. My weakness is cars but I'm overcoming that gradually. Again, the motor swap was just a thought. Keep the faith, it is more valuable than gold.

Quick Reply: Inquiry- 'Motor Swap' Pentastar to Hellcat