Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

UCONNECT, iPhone and UCONNECT Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 05:14 PM
badcarburetor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UCONNECT, iPhone and UCONNECT Customer Service

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this kind of question. If not, I apologize and hope a mod will move it.

BACKGROUND
I have a 2013 Challenger R/T Classic that I absolutely love. I was bummed in the beginning that Siri can't be used while the bluetooth is connected and that I can't access things like phonebook and SMS, like, I believe Android users can, but I got used to it and took it for what it is; a badass muscle car with some very sweet bells and whistles.

THE PROBLEM
However, my phone now won't hold a stable bluetooth connection for streaming music and talking on the phone. The connection jumps back and forth between the bluetooth connection and the handset every few seconds. This problem is very annoying. Having bluetooth for these purposes was a big selling point.

What I find to be odd is that 9.1 was working fine for two weeks after updating and all of the sudden it's not working consistently.

WHAT I'VE TRIED TO FIX IT
I've checked my UCONNECT for updates and my version is current.

I did a reset procedure (twice) and that didn't help.

I called UCONNECT and was very disappointed with the disinterested and unconcerned response that I got from the technician(?) that I spoke with. Basically, she said, "Oh, you are running an iPhone 6 with the current 9.1 iOS?" Yeah...you are outta luck. Lots of people are reporting problems with that, sooo...." She did suggest that I could hack my phone and downgrade my iOS. I don't find that to be an acceptable solution. From what I could get out of her it doesn't sound like UCONNECT is any rush to fix this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm super bummed and, really, even more so about UCONNECT's lack of interest in fixing it.

Thanks in advance for any info or help.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:11 PM
ttocs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I have the same issue.

iPhone 5 worked for two months on newly purchased Caravan from April to June, then bluetooth would connect for about 50 seconds then disconnect for about 30 seconds - repeat.

I called in June and got "your iPhone is incompatible". Then I asked when will it be fixed and was told "as soon as we get an update the phone's next update defeats our update so it will never be compatible".

I filed a consumer complaint this month after unsuccessful attempts at a different answer from Dodge, the current answer is still that iPhone is not compatible. I asked which version of iPhone and firmware "is" compatible and was not given any info on this.

The fact is that my phone worked for two months, then doesn't, and the phone was not updated during that time. It has since been updated a couple times and a extensive reset by the Apple store with no change for this issue.

Dodge service doesn't find any problem codes so can't do anything.

Uconnect won't do anything to help. Repeat, Uconnect SO CALLED "CUSTOMER SERVICE" WON'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP.

DODGE IS TERRIBLE

Quick Reply: UCONNECT, iPhone and UCONNECT Customer Service