Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...

I'm desperately hoping for the best, but DCX's track record on these things are too mixed and tend to lean to the bad side. Ideally the Challenger will come out just like the concept, except for the carbon fiber and telemetry computer for cost reasons, complete with high horsepower V8, Viper spec 6-spd. manual transmission with pistol grip shifter and hopefully with it's weight around the same as the originals 3,600 pounds. They have already brought back one classic color for the concept, street Hemi orange which they are calling Challenger orange, but they should also bring back the other popular classic colors such as Tor-red, Plum Crazy purple, Top Banana and you need triple black/formal black and white is a must for the Vanishing Point fans such as myself. I would love to see them bring back a big block (big block Hemi prefered), especially since your gonna get screwed by a gas guzzler tax anyway even with the 6.1L Hemi, and the classic formula of tons of horsepower and even more torque.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:56 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wouldnt call this new color hemi orange...wasnt hemi orange a gloss color? this new color has some pearl-metallic to it...

i will take mine in plum crazy..Please...[8D]

Old 01-22-2006, 10:37 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They may have added enhancements to the paint, but it is that color to begin with. I would have to see it in all the colors to decide on one, but I've always prefered black and I really love the white on the Challenger in Vanishing Point and on NZ440R/T's '70 Challenger R/T.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:31 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take it in whatever color...just build it!!

Old 01-23-2006, 06:08 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

ORIGINAL: deranged

Why all the negative waves man! The name is Challenger but I think it'll be "CHAMPION" once it hits the streets. DCX is not going to go to all this effort to release a loser. I've said it before, I think we're all going to be surprised by this cars capabilities. Keep the faith Matt!
I agree. I love the enthusiasm you show Matt... [&:] Negative thoughts are never good...
Thanks! It just seems to me many people here have decided that the Challenger will be ruined by DCX. With the way The Charger turned out I can understand some apprehension, but I also think DCX learned a lesson with the Charger. Now they're resorting to gimmicks to boost sales-Super Bee, c'mon! I'm not into bashing DCX, because I think overall they're doing a good job. When they first took over Chrysler brands I held my breath like many, but they have done the right thing. Culling Plymouth while not very popular was the right thing to do and has made the other brands stronger. I also think every one has to agree they have grown the brands that are left. I will say they're putting the cart before the horse by trying retro gimmicks to sell what they initially, and pointedly said was the new Dodge Charger, that wasn't going to be stuck in the past. Well a company that denies it's heritage is doing it's loyal, and often repeat customers a disservice. Who has kept the Chrysler brands alive through the years? Loyal, repeat customers, and they're hearing that now. Now as for fixing the Charger, I believe that if the front end was redesigned that sales would improve even with the four doors. It's just too blunt and awkward looking.

Now back to the Challenger. 5.7 MDS SE for $31,995, 6.1 MDS R\T $33,995, 6.4 Challenger R\T "KILLER BEE" (screw political correctness) $37,995. ARE YOU READING THIS DCX! WE ARE HERE WAITING!

Oh, and those of you who can't share in the enthusiasm, I'M SORRY, perhaps you logged into the wrong forum?

Old 01-23-2006, 06:17 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

ORIGINAL: deranged

Why all the negative waves man! The name is Challenger but I think it'll be "CHAMPION" once it hits the streets. DCX is not going to go to all this effort to release a loser. I've said it before, I think we're all going to be surprised by this cars capabilities. Keep the faith Matt!
I agree. I love the enthusiasm you show Matt... [&:] Negative thoughts are never good...
Negative thoughts won't play anything into this Chase. If a person thinks uber positive/negative, what ever Dodge has planned will still come.

Btw, they aren't "negative" thoughts....it's a dissapointment over the Charger....and Caliber....and Nitro...., which I'm hoping won't happen again with the Challenger

-Matt-

Old 01-23-2006, 09:34 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

god you hate American cars other then the viper. i hope this offends you, but "f*ck the bull**** consumers reports."

as for the challenger they will make it almost exactly like this.

as for the charger, just because it doesn't have 2 doors doesn't mean you have to whine bitch and complain about it. it hasn't changed anything and wont, so why even bother when the discussion is about the challenger.

the caliber is awesome, and i cant wait to test drive an AWD r/t.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that there should have been more power put down to the RT model...the AWD has to eat up a bunch of power.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Negative thoughts won't play anything into this Chase. If a person thinks uber positive/negative, what ever Dodge has planned will still come.

Btw, they aren't "negative" thoughts....it's a dissapointment over the Charger....and Caliber....and Nitro...., which I'm hoping won't happen again with the Challenger
If the Charger is so bad... then why in every single poll we have here, it's the favorite... You know, "What is your favorite 2006 SRT", or "Which 2006 model are you most excited about"... The Charger and Charger SRT-8 were the favorite if both those polls and others... You guys really need to get over the name plate and the 4 doors... You've got your RWD coupe coming...

As for the Caliber, the ones who have seen it up close, know it's smaller than it looks. Just like the Comander is smaller than it looks. Most who have seen it, like it, and it's generating some good buzz...

As for the Nitro... eh it's ok... I wouldn't buy it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will. Personally, I would rather have an Aspen...

Old 01-24-2006, 04:25 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

The Nitro... i hope they don't make it, unless they redesign it.

Quick Reply: Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...