Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

UConnect loses phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
MagicPinball
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UConnect loses phonebook

I just purchased a 2013 Charger R/T Plus. Love it! One peculiar issue with UConnect. I was able to pair my phone and download the phonebook. I pressed on phonebook and verified it was there. I also pressed the phone icon on the steering wheel and spoke "Dial xxxxx" and it worked fine. I pressed Radio to listen for awhile. I wanted to make a call, so I pressed the icon on the steering wheel again and spoke "Dial xxxxx" and it did not work. Looking at the phonebook, it showed no contacts. There were over 100 that I saw there 15 minutes (or so) prior. Any clue to what is going on?

Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicPinball
I just purchased a 2013 Charger R/T Plus. Love it! One peculiar issue with UConnect. I was able to pair my phone and download the phonebook. I pressed on phonebook and verified it was there. I also pressed the phone icon on the steering wheel and spoke "Dial xxxxx" and it worked fine. I pressed Radio to listen for awhile. I wanted to make a call, so I pressed the icon on the steering wheel again and spoke "Dial xxxxx" and it did not work. Looking at the phonebook, it showed no contacts. There were over 100 that I saw there 15 minutes (or so) prior. Any clue to what is going on?

MagicPinball,

Have you turned the vehicle off and then back on again? Are the phone book contacts still not there?

If you are still having problems, PM me your VIN# and I'd be happy to look further into this for you.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM
MagicPinball

I re-paired my phone to Uconnect. This time, I was watching my phone. There was an additional dialog box I did not notice before on my Samsung Galaxy S3, asking about the contact list. I had to confirm this (and check not to prompt me again). So far, this has solved the issue, I hope. I'll keep an eye on this.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
jwilson7256

After fighting the problem for several days with the phone book dropping out, I saw this post about checking the little box in the pop up to sync the phone book with the uConnect. I had been just saying OK and not checking the 'do not ask again" box. I checked the box this time and now the phone book stays connected to my phone with no further phone book problems. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: UConnect loses phonebook