Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

check engine light "emissions leak"

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:09 PM
68charger96dakota
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light p0455 "emissions leak"

This past Monday my engine light came on in my 07 charger sxt 3.5 v6. Went to AutoZone and had them check the code, said "emissions leak". My gas cap warning has dinged twice, cap was fine. Today the light goes out and a few hours later while stopped in traffic, the car starts to stutter and wanted to lurch forward. Had no choice but to drive her home, about 30 miles. Seemed to run fine for that. Also been having random starting issues, have to hold the key over 5-10sec. for it to turn over.

Last edited by 68charger96dakota; 04-11-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-13-2014, 07:44 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does this happen after fill up? or do you have any problems with filling up gas? problem could be the Purge solenoid is stuck/leaking, or a bad gas tank that allows fuel vapor to flood the engine with fuel, causing rough idle and hard start.

You might consider getting it professionally diagnosed, there is too many things that can be wrong for the info you provided.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 AM
68charger96dakota
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had issues with gas pumps kicking off after just a few gallons, but that only happens at one gas station. I put a new air filter in Friday and a bottle of injector cleaner and she's driven fine over the weekend. If I have any repeats, I'll have her in the shop. These newer cars are all plastic and wires under the hood, it's like alien technology to me, lol. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep the page updated.

Quick Reply: check engine light "emissions leak"