Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Member moving over from 1st Gen Durango

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 01:37 PM
stickbow9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member moving over from 1st Gen Durango

Hello all, I have been a member over on the Durango side for a while, but have since sold this Durango. I am now on over here as my wife has a 2009 Charger SE with the fabled 2.7liter as here daily driver. She absolutely loves her Charger and only prefers to drive American made "Muscle" so to speak. We have owned this car since new and while it is under-powered, it is a smooth ride that she loves. I do 90% of the maintenance/repairs on our vehicles so this site will continue to be helpful. She has 97,000 miles on it and it still drives flawlessly. I worry about the "sludge" or oiling problems from this engines history, however everything is looking perfect with it. Our goal is to get it paid off by next summer and get her into a 2013ish SXT AWD. My wife is an ardent believer in big safe cars because she met a deer at 60 mph in this car and she believes that the stance and ride height of it kept the deer from going through the windshield. She was pretty safe and I am thankful for that. Darn it if the insurance company didn't completely restore this damage to brand new condition to the tune of $9500 instead of totaling it. Oh well, when she gets her new one, I will take this as a commuter (25mpg highway). Good to meet you all and thanks for the help in advance.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:35 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

If it's any help, we purchased a 2013 300S 5.7 Awd last year, we just clocked 9,500 miles, and took a 500+ mile round trip last week. We averaged 27.2 mpg (73-77 MPH) and 31.2 (55-58 MPH) running reformulated (crap) fuel. I was pleasantly surprised really, since the sticker suggested 23 highway.

Good luck with your future purchase!

Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 PM
stickbow9

Cool thanks for the information. I will seriously be looking into these newer AWD in the future.

Quick Reply: Member moving over from 1st Gen Durango