Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Backup camera has become crooked

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 PM
norbl695
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup camera has become crooked

I have an issue with my 2014 Charger’s backup camera. When the car was delivered, it was perfect, but after about a month it became misaligned (link). Not only is the camera image tilted at approximately a 15 degree angle, but I now the white rear bumper shows up in the image. Neither of these conditions existed when the car was delivered.

I took it to the dealer nearest me, but not the dealer I purchased it from. They ordered a new camera and installed it, but the issue is exactly the same. They said they talked to Chrysler and there is nothing that can be done, and I would have to be satisfied with it. They also would not give me the district service manager’s contact information. The only information they would give me is the 800 number for Chrysler headquarters. When I called this number, they would not override the dealer.

Does anyone have idea how to get this resolved? My attitude is that the camera view was right when the car was delivered, it should be able to be restored to that state. There must be a fix for this.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:44 AM
zeeman06
Default Ditto

We have a 2014 100th Anniversary Charger and the same identical problem is with ours. The rear view camera now shows part of the rear bumper.... Wife drives it 98% of the time so I was not aware of it until just a few days ago. I plan on calling the Dealer tomorrow about it and see what they say. I will keep you posted....

Old 03-01-2016, 01:32 PM
lightning46

Yep, I have a 2013 RAM 1500 and just last week it went crooked. I tried to shim one side of it to correct the problem but it stayed exactly the same no matter what I did.

Quick Reply: Backup camera has become crooked