Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger r/t misfiring on cylinder#5

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:21 PM
BABU6345
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger r/t misfiring on cylinder#5

I have a charger R/T V8 HEMI . wenever i give igh accelaration the vehicle starts giving code P0305 which is misfiring on cylinder #5 and starts jerking and loss of speed but when the vehicle comes to stop , the jerking stops. I have tried with replacing spark plugs , coils, injectors of cylinder #5 but no result. replaced the PCM but no result. Did the compressions test and seems to be fine. My mechanic says it could be the MDS solenoids .

Any help from any one pls

Old 10-29-2014, 02:18 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BABU6345
I have a charger R/T V8 HEMI . wenever i give igh accelaration the vehicle starts giving code P0305 which is misfiring on cylinder #5 and starts jerking and loss of speed but when the vehicle comes to stop , the jerking stops. I have tried with replacing spark plugs , coils, injectors of cylinder #5 but no result. replaced the PCM but no result. Did the compressions test and seems to be fine. My mechanic says it could be the MDS solenoids .

Any help from any one pls
BABU6345,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfire concern. In some cases the code set can be related to the O2 sensors or an issue with the fuel delivery system.

What model year is your Charger R/T?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 AM
BABU6345
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thnx for ur advise. The mechanic has already discnnected all the four O2 sensors and tried but no result. As far as fuel is concerned, the injector is supplying fuel to cylinder #5 and during normal running there is no jerking but during high accelaration only it starts misfiring and jerking . . And for ur information its a 2009 charger r/t.

Quick Reply: Charger r/t misfiring on cylinder#5