Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Radio Freezes Up!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 06:10 PM
judester
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Freezes Up!!

I own a 2012 Charger SXT Plus. I love the car but the radio system messes up. It is the 4.3S/REB system and sometimes when i drive to a place, shut it off, then get back in and start it, the radio will freeze on me. You can't change the station or do any heater functions or any other thing with it. I literally have to shut the car off and restart it and it works like nothing is wrong. One time when it did it I pushed a heater control button to see if anything would change and now i have a ticking noise in the heater area when i turn it on. It lasts for around 15 seconds and then it is gone.
Thanks for any advice you might be able to give me!!!

Old 12-30-2014, 11:29 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by judester
I own a 2012 Charger SXT Plus. I love the car but the radio system messes up. It is the 4.3S/REB system and sometimes when i drive to a place, shut it off, then get back in and start it, the radio will freeze on me. You can't change the station or do any heater functions or any other thing with it. I literally have to shut the car off and restart it and it works like nothing is wrong. One time when it did it I pushed a heater control button to see if anything would change and now i have a ticking noise in the heater area when i turn it on. It lasts for around 15 seconds and then it is gone.
Thanks for any advice you might be able to give me!!!
Have you had your radio software updated? If not, the dealer can check to make sure you have the latest software update. There is a technical service bulletin for the update 08-030-12 Rev B or RRT 11-108 for RHA and REB Radio Software Enhancements. The dealer can also check is applicable to your vehicle.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
smmou812

I have a similar problem with my 13 SE. The radio will shut off and the rear defroster will not come on. This problem is always accompanied by a "Batter saver mode" message. It only seems to happen in the morning and only if I have fog lights and rear defroster on. I think having the fan turned up high may contribute as well. My dealer said it may be a computer problem or alternator and or battery issue. I recently received a recall notice in the mail concerning alternator issues and I'm waiting to be informed that they are ready to fix it to take it in since its more of an annoyance then anything else.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:01 PM
judester

So now I'm wondering what radio I can swap my junk radio with. I also need to replace my Bluetooth module in the charger. Is there any better radio or updated radio that is a direct replacement for the 4.35/REB system. Anybody have any suggestions?

Old 03-11-2018, 09:43 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by judester
So now I'm wondering what radio I can swap my junk radio with. I also need to replace my Bluetooth module in the charger. Is there any better radio or updated radio that is a direct replacement for the 4.35/REB system. Anybody have any suggestions?
Go aftermarket. Check crutchfield.com.

Quick Reply: Radio Freezes Up!!