Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

ESP BAS Light stays on and Instrument Cluster Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:30 AM
Warren Thompson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ESP BAS Light stays on and Instrument Cluster Malfunction

I have an' 06 Charger, Was driving a few days ago and the ESP BAS warning light came on. Kept driving for awhile, when the Instrument Cluster started to malfunction ( all the warning lights went on and off and the gauges where going crazy) after about 10 seconds the cluster went back to normal but the ESP light was still showing. Luckily I was close to home and parked the car for the night. Started the car the next day and the ESP BAS light was off, but that only lasted for about 20 minutes before the car did the exact same thing. Over the last few days I have tried to reset the instrument cluster and reset the alignment ( turning wheel all the way to the left, then right, then straight) which has worked for anywhere form 10-25 minutes. The car seems to drive fine even while the warning lights on ( sometimes the engine light comes on also) but sometimes seems odd driving when the instrument cluster malfunctions. Would appreciate any help or ideas. Have an appointment with Dodge, but the local dealer is not the best to deal with!!

Old 08-18-2016, 11:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Dealer is probably your best bet. I could be any one of the numerous modules flaking out. Thy have the diagnostic tools to troubleshoot.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:33 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have to be moving when it happens?

Old 08-27-2016, 06:21 PM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

if you still have this problem disconnect your batt for 10 min

Quick Reply: ESP BAS Light stays on and Instrument Cluster Malfunction