Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Overheating only at idle after being driven for an hour or so....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Jc_parks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating only at idle after being driven for an hour or so....

I was driving my 2006 v6 charger and it started singing, I looked down and it was in the RED. I took it to a firestone and they replaced (thermostat, thermostat housing, ). About two weeks later, I was at an idle for 1 minute or two, car in drive ac on low and it started to climb fast into the red. Took it back to firestone and they replaced ( waterpump, pressure tested the block, oil change, checked all hoses, never overheated for them after driving it) got it back and the same day did it again! Took it back again and the replaced the radiator. Got it back today and yet AGAIN is over heating at idle after driving like the other times......WHAT DO I DO?

Old 09-25-2016, 10:16 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Take it back and tell them it's still not fixed. Or, go to a place (like the dealer) who will not throw parts at it hoping for a fix but hoping it won't fix it so you will still go back to them to give them more money to throw more parts at it.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:01 AM
Jc_parks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jkeaton
It's been to two different of their locations so this time they said to take it back to the other one. They have wiped their hands of my car. I've spent almost 2000 so they better figure out something. The radiator was free this time so the other one better fix it this time. Everything is under warranty but idk about this situation. I just don't have the extra money laying around waiting for someone to get it right. This is very frustrating!

Old 09-26-2016, 08:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Only other thing if they have replaced practically all the cooling system and did a compression check is they are not bleeding it correctly and there is air in the system.

Quick Reply: Overheating only at idle after being driven for an hour or so....