Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

code p0299

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:30 PM
bekim
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: code p0299

When I installed the last upgrade, I forgot to plug the Outlook back into the obdII port and got that code. Turned it off, plugged the outlook back in and WHAM it's fine.
Mike
###

Old 02-26-2006, 01:53 PM
04.5cummins

Well so far i like the triple dog but i had a problem with the outlook monitor it is in for warranty right now. So when i get it back i am going to reinstall it and see what happens. So i dont know if the monitor had something to do with the code poping up. Guess ill wait and see.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:32 PM
srenken
Professional

P0299 - Turbocharger Underboost Condition. This is monitored with the engine running and the ECM is attempting to govern turbocharger boost pressure. The condition is set when the boost pressure sensor indicates actual turbocharger is less than the ECM set point for engine boost.

Can be caused by loose hose clamp on air tubes, or something real serious like a bad turbo.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
cardude
Amateur

i got the same code today, the right side of the intercooler has been blown off. (a huge boom when it happened at apedal tothe metal startand imidiatly all boost and power was gone) the right side plasticits separated with the interccoler metal cooling part. i am only running a edge performance chip with A2 monitorset to level 3, this is the only mod. !!!

its a dodge ram 2500 2005 cummings

all boost power is lost and engine running on emergency program.

i think I'll have to pull the intercooler and if not reparable buy a better one.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 PM
cardude
Amateur

i don't know if anyone is actually reading what i am writing but here goes.

so i puled the charge air cooler as it is named in the service manual (in my world it is a intercooler) and found that the right side aluminium retaners that held the plastic had buckled and there by failed to keep the plastic and rubber seal in place:

so i went the DIY way and bought some clamps and some neutral silicone sealer (alcohol based), then i started with bending the other retainers out so that i could mount the plastic part again, just by setting it in place, i placed the remaining part of the rubber seal in there and added a god bit of silicone sealer on top of the rubber seal, and put the plastic part in place, and installed on some big clamps around the hole thing so that it would be held in place, and tightened them well, and hammered/squeezed the aluminum retainers in place.

there you go a reinforced intercooler:

Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
dieselram
Captain

Nice work. I wonder how common that problem is. You might be able to put this under the DIY section.

Quick Reply: code p0299