Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

Not shifting to over drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 02:02 PM
MvB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not shifting to over drive

2002 Dodge Dakota Sport V6 3.9L. 143k Changed the radiator cap, flush radiator, new spark plugs (E3) New wires, New distributor, new rotor (both BWD) new Belt, new air filter. I did all this because I just purchased 3 months ago and the oil was in poor condition, so I changed this stuff as well.
The mechanic got finish and I drove off. I stopped at red light, start off...It would barely take-off, then once I got it up to speed it would not go into overdrive. I took it back and the mechanic said it was something to do with the Governor in the Trans. Ok. Why?? It was not doing this prior to the service?
I am an unhappy camper does anyone have any solutions?
Thanks
Michael

Old 10-22-2015, 02:46 PM
MvB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out. I let the truck set for a week. Drove it, and at first it was hesitating to shift into over-drive, but it did. From then on I have been driving it for a week and no issues.
Go figure. I can also tell that the tune-up I did to it, increased my mpg by 2 miles. The truck is running great!!
aaaaaa...anyone know why??

Quick Reply: Not shifting to over drive