Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

intrepid 2.7L misfire 1999

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
justin21x
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intrepid 2.7L misfire 1999

Here is the prob. I have a 1999 intrepid 2.7 and i am getting the code multiple cynlinder misfire.

For probably 3 months it was jerking when i drove,(barely, but got slowly worse) sometimes idling rough on start, each month it got worse and worse til a few days ago, i got a check engine light, and it started stalling at red lights. The rpm would go at like 4-500 and then it would force to stay on(you could see the rpm was going a bit all over the place) it stalled if i didnt rev at a red light.. You could see the rpm move a lot on its own within 1-200 rpm difference. If i rev up the car on neutral or park till let' say.. 2000rpm, u can see the rpm go down for 2 secs then go back up, its impossible to rev at a steady rpm.

So I have a friend that changed 4 coil packs yesterday (the four that are misfiring, he changed the spark plugs and fuel filter. still misfiring and getting the check engine light.

still just 1 error...

Now he said it is my PCM, that i need to get an other one and program it for my car and that should fix it my friend said.. I already spent 300$ on the coil packs and plugs so i dont want to spend anything more for nothing. I could always drive the car before, there was never a check engine light til the other day when it stalled and misfired worse then before.

An other option he said is the camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor but he said its the pcm probably..

If you guys could help me out i would soo appreciate it.. I checked on forums everywhere for problems like mine and hardly any people posted how they fixed it..

My car is in good shape, there is 160 000km on it and its worth keeping, just need to fix this for cheap. thanks for ur help.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
justin21x

turns out it is my computer, i will let you know if a new one fixes the missfiring issue.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:59 PM
justin21x

turns out, not the computer.. dont know what to do now.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
circumventor
Banned

that dont sound like good mechanics howd yall figgure out that there was 4 coils bad and the computer was bad? what about injecters or comp test or the other normal stuff for running condition of the motor. seems like peple figgure if its got injection and it dont run rite, its gotta be sumthing with the puter and they dont check the basics

Quick Reply: intrepid 2.7L misfire 1999