Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

No sound from radio on 2012 Dodge Journey

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 12:34 PM
rf9p
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rf9p
Hey all my radio on my ram will always power on but often no sound out of speakers. Will replacing the head unit work or is this some other issue. When the sound works it will often make a loud popping noise and go off again. Thanks for any info
it's the stock infinity system

Old 12-11-2014, 06:28 PM
kandarinas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2010 journey that had a same/similar problem. I took the radio out and disconnected the XM antenna, don't ask me why but it worked. I did a lot of online research and found another Chrysler model that had the same problem and this is what corrected it, so I gave it a shot. We don't use the XM radio anyway. Give it a try, it's easy and quick and your wife will love you for it.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:52 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by rf9p
Hey all my radio on my ram will always power on but often no sound out of speakers. Will replacing the head unit work or is this some other issue. When the sound works it will often make a loud popping noise and go off again. Thanks for any info
You posted in the Dodge Journey section. You need to post in the correct Dodge Ram section for the year of your truck.

Quick Reply: No sound from radio on 2012 Dodge Journey