Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

FOB With Integrated Key -Help Pz

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 AM
dodgy13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face FOB With Integrated Key -Help Pz

Hi all,
I have had my Dodge Journey SXT 2009 purchased in the UK and have had quite a few problems with the FOB.
I was given 2 FOB's by the dealer, one which does not seem to work at all even after putting in a new battery. The current one I am using works fine but last night I tried to unlock the car and despite many presses on the 'unlock' would not unlock the car...the FOB was 'dead'. I used the integrated key to open the door and the alarm goes off. Insert the FOb into the ignition alarm stops. Ok, all is clear up to here.
I replace the battery in the FOB and still not working. Manage to get the car home and the FOB is working?
So, my questions are if anyone can help:
1. FOB working one minute then dead the next with a new battery? how can this be? Maybe not the battery afterall?
2. How can I lock the car using the FOB without activating the alarm?
3. As my second FOB is dead altogether, even with a new battery, how do you get replacements FOB's? Right now, I only have one FOB which does not seem to work at all times!!
Thank you so much for any advice

Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM
greenmachineiijh
Amateur

I had the same issue. The FOBs are bad because there is an open connection in the circuitry.

Order one from the dealer (expensive) or cheaper on Amazon and such. Still will need to pay for programming at the dealer or a good locksmith.

Good luck!

Old 05-25-2015, 07:03 PM
goosee
Default Prob with fob

It is the power door lock module located in the drivers door.Batteries do not go dead that quick and i had the same problem.I checked the harness wires at the doors,changed the switch,and then i had to change the module,works fine.

Quick Reply: FOB With Integrated Key -Help Pz