Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Vans & CUVs > Dodge Journey
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Journey NTG4 REX

Old 02-11-2014, 12:14 PM

Question 2008 Journey Entertainment System (NTG4 REX)

Hi all, I am new to this forum. Please take it easy on me and I apologize for any errors I make in advance. I live in the UK and own a 2008 Dodge Journey, which on the whole I am very pleased with. The only thing that has ever let me down is the entertainment system and in particular the NTG4 REX MyGig head unit. A while back we had a problem where the changer would not recognize any discs, I updated the firmware in the first instance, but that didn't resolve the problem. I then sent it into a local radio repair company and they got it working. A couple of months later the unit broke again, this time the CD\DVD player would initially just eject discs, then the CD\DVD unit all of a sudden stopped functioning completely. I took it back to the repair company and they said that the ribbon cable which joined the main unit to the CD\DVD changer had been fried and claimed the only option was a new unit for 1400!!! ($2300)
My question, does anybody know where I can purchase a replacement ribbon cable? if not, does anybody know of a replacement unit that would fit into the car without losing the image on the second display located on the dashboard?
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!

Last edited by piggy_banks; 02-12-2014 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: more accurate title
Old 02-11-2014, 12:14 PM

Tags
dvd, journey, mygig, ntg4, rex