Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Journey Interior Fuse Panel

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:09 AM
fredb38
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Journey Interior Fuse Panel

I have a 2011 dodge Journey Mainstreet.
I have found the interior fuse panel under the glove box. Can someone tell me the proper way to get into it. I found a clip that allows one end to drop down about an inch but that's it. You almost have to stand on you head to get to it but I can't help but think there is an easy way to access the fuses.
manual tells you nothing.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:58 PM
fredb38
Default Fuse Panel

I figured it out.
The real problem is the location. Under the glove box in the upper right corner. You have to stand on you head with a flashlight to get it done. There are two clips to deal with. One drops the box down about an inch and the other removes the box cover.
First problem is I am 68 years old and not as flexible as i use to be but got it done.
Second problem. The fuse is not a very popular one. Went to five parts houses who did not have it and don't carry it.
Went to my local Dodge dealer and they didn't carry it. To my knowledge Dodge has used this size fuse since 2011 but nobody stocks it.
Nobody offered to try and help me get one. Not even the Dodge dealer.
Did find it on the internet and ordered what I needed.
If I carried my car to the Dodge Dealer it still would not have been repaired without them ordering a fuse. Have no idea what the charges would have been.
Until the next time.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You never stated it, so I'll ask, what fuse?

Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 PM
fredb38
Default Fuse Panel

The fuse that controls the lighter adapters in the console. The one inside and the one on the back. My Granddaughter plugs here DVD player into the back one, unplugged it by pulling it by the cord and that is how it all started. Pulled the cord out of the DVD plug and it must have shorted out. Was a lot easier to fix the DVD plug than it was replacing the fuse. (micro2 fuse 20 amps)

Quick Reply: Journey Interior Fuse Panel