Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

back up sensors

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 12:30 AM
in2pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default back up sensors

So the wife really likes the rear object detection system on my Chevy Tahoe and she would like to have something similar on her 2013 Journey...

Anyone install such a feature? I have seen kits on amazon that are pretty affordable, its just that commitment of cutting holes on the rear bumper...

I have not looked yet but can anyone tell me if the lower rear fascia is removal-able? If it is, if I screw up its a lot easier to replace the black plastic rather then the painted part...

Old 12-12-2014, 08:38 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I installed an aftermarket backup system on my daughters Mustang. Not hard to do. Just follow the instructions.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:38 AM
in2pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks jkeaton, Nice looking Journey you have there
My wife has the same model, also with the bug shield, also added the splash guards, roof rack cross rails and even though its a 4 cyl. I added the Curt Class III Receiver, so that we can use a cargo carrier for the ice chest and the like for trips to the coast, and replaced all of the interior and license plate lamps with LED's...

Old 12-12-2014, 10:22 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Thanks! Bout the same here. All bulbs upgraded to led. Splash guards installed. We had the 4 cylinder in our 09. It was decent for what it was but I wanted the 6 when we traded the 09 in. I wish we would have taken the cross bars off the old one when we bought this one. So stupid how they were standard at first and now an option.

Just be careful when drilling into the rear bumper cover. Use a very sharp bit and tape the area to be drilled with painters or masking tape. Helps keep the paint from chipping around the hole. Also check behind the cover for wires or anything important. Usually it's just a big hunk of styrofoam behind it but I've never checked.

Quick Reply: back up sensors