Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

ETC and ESC lights come on during a turn.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 11:41 PM
mikeandglo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ETC and ESC lights come on during a turn.

I have a 2012 Journey SXT that has been repaired after a front end collision totaled the vehicle. The Body Controller Module was replaced because it was blown when the fire department on the scene cut wires. A dealers service department checked and said all the wiring has been repaired.

All was good for the first 100 miles or so. Today, after driving about 10 miles, the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) light and the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Malfunction Indicator Light came on while I was making a turn. At the same time the Service Engine light came on setting code P0107.

Shutting the car off for a time reset the ETC and ESC lights but not the Service Engine light. After driving it another 8-10 miles a turn at an intersection triggered the lights to come on again. The ETC light also blinks.

Does any one have any idea what might be going on? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:12 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeandglo
I have a 2012 Journey SXT that has been repaired after a front end collision totaled the vehicle. The Body Controller Module was replaced because it was blown when the fire department on the scene cut wires. A dealers service department checked and said all the wiring has been repaired.

All was good for the first 100 miles or so. Today, after driving about 10 miles, the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) light and the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Malfunction Indicator Light came on while I was making a turn. At the same time the Service Engine light came on setting code P0107.

Shutting the car off for a time reset the ETC and ESC lights but not the Service Engine light. After driving it another 8-10 miles a turn at an intersection triggered the lights to come on again. The ETC light also blinks.

Does any one have any idea what might be going on? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

I would suggest taking the vehicle back to the dealer for diagnosis. The P0107 code is for the manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit low.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:00 PM
mikeandglo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. After making the post I rechecked a number of hose connections to make sure all were snug. The service light went off and after about 500 miles have had no further trouble.

Another question, however: Is there an easy way to gain access to the cd player? The eject button doesn't eject the cd and I hope cleaning the connection will help. I just need to get to it.

Quick Reply: ETC and ESC lights come on during a turn.