Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 Dodge Journey help needed A.S.A.P

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Jae Matthews
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2012 Dodge Journey help needed A.S.A.P

I own a 2012 Dodge Journey with 41,000 miles on it and recently I started hearing a clicking / ticking sound only when I turn from a stopped position and press on the gas both left and right . There is no clicking around curves while driving without pressing the gas it only happens after I start going from a stopped position as I accelerate while turning going forward and backwards. I had the cv joints looked at and was told their both fine . I have had at two different shops and no-one can find a cause . I've kept regular fluid changes and routine maintenance up to date , I've never heard these sounds before , Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated as our family relies on this vehicle daily and want to get whatever is making that noise fixed, thank you. ...

Old 02-27-2015, 11:21 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

If you have no drive ability issues. Don't worry so much. If you've had people look at it and can't find a problem, then there is probably not much to be concerned about from a suspension standpoint. What I would try first is rotate the tires to the back. Process of elimination. Make sure it is not tire/wheel related first.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:42 AM
Jae Matthews
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are no differences in driving just that noise . What worries me is Im the only owner of this vechile , it has only 41,000 miles on it , and I've never heard the noise before . Since I started hearing the sound my tires have been, there at a 8 , I even replaced the the front rotors and brake pads thinking maybe that's it . The sound still exists. I have yet another shop appointment about a week away so I'll see what they say at this one.
Thanks....

Quick Reply: 2012 Dodge Journey help needed A.S.A.P