Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Fuel pump problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
capnhook77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel pump problems?

Well, my stupid check engine light came on again! I'm bringing it in on Monday cause they aren't open on the weekend. I'm going to rip them a new one when I go in there, it's been in 6 times in 1 month, this is bull---t!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:58 PM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Fuel pump problems?

pull up the code yourself so you know what's going on before you take it to the dealer.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:41 AM
Iguanawilly
Default Fuel problems for 2005 dodge magnum 5.7 2 wd

I have a 2005 dodge magnum with 201000 miles on it. My engine light came on about a month ago. The manual tells me when the engine light blinks to pull over because it's going to die. The light never blinked but yesterday as I was driving home my car lost power. I pulled over, it still ran but had no power. I tried to drive it home, approx 2 more miles and it ran fine but I could feel hesitation. The car is still very quiet, you can't hear it running when you are idling at a stop sign. The code showing when I do the code dance is 0430 which tells me the catalytic convertor is not running at full power. My oil light comes on and a bell dings, it goes off , later comes on and off. I get regular oil changes and the oil is fine. My question is could this problem of power loss be due to a fuel pump problem, it won't start now. It turns over but will not start, like it's not getting any fuel. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be? I want to take it to a Dodge dealership for a diagnosis but don't want to have to pay dealership prices. I will get a catalytic convertor, maybe two, depending on if both are malfunctioning.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:16 PM
DymosDodge

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum and sounds like the same issue I was having. I had to replace the fuel pump(s) and I recently received a letter from Chrysler stating that if this is the case to take it in and have it replaced. I have already paid for the repairs and will be looking to get a refund. Good luck!

Old 12-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Iguanawilly

We had to change our fuel pump on my 05 magnum after 200,000 miles. It was a tough job but doable. It works fine but there is a high humming sound coming from the fuel pump, after about 1000 miles of use. Not worth going through the trouble of replacing again to stop the noise. Next time I'll go to the shop and have it done. My magnum doesn't like aftermarket parts. Figures. The oil pressure sending unit was bad and we replaced it, it worked for a while then I had to take it to the shop and we had to wait for a dealer to have one available to buy.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump problems?