Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Dijon01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

Greetings.

My first post in this forum.

Well, I have been shopping Magnums.. to buy in spring 2008. The discontinuation is not going to stop my buying one.

I am looking to get an SXT.

I have browsed through som of the other topics on this board and have gotten some good insight into things to look for when buying.

I like the look of the car and I have taken one for a test drive.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM
araudan

After seeing the Dodge Journey I can understand the perception that models are duplicated within Chysler though. The styling looks like it was intended for the next gen Magnum. Too bad though, I like my car because it's not a crossover.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:50 PM
oxxboxx

I found out the Magnum was discontinued about three weeks after I bought an 07 SXT. If I can keep the car in good shape, and let my son drive something else, it will be a classic in 20 years. I wonder if the "lifetime" warranty will still be in effect.

And did you see the possible wagon coming from GM (out of Australia)? It resembles......a Magnum.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 AM
dcxguy

ORIGINAL: Dijon01

Greetings.

My first post in this forum.

Well, I have been shopping Magnums.. to buy in spring 2008. The discontinuation is not going to stop my buying one.

I am looking to get an SXT.

I have browsed through som of the other topics on this board and have gotten some good insight into things to look for when buying.

I like the look of the car and I have taken one for a test drive.
You better buy or order one right now. It seems November is the last month for taking Magnum orders. Talk to your dealer asap.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:27 PM
magnumsrt8pick

Hmmm...

This may put a big monkey wrench in my plan. I was thinking that I liked some of the interior features of the 08 better than the 07s or 06s that I have been seeing. Mainly really the cruise control lever. BUT I was going to purchase a used 08 in 09.

Any thoughts about that from anyone in the know?

Old 11-18-2007, 04:48 PM
oxxboxx

I went with an 07 SXT, instead of an 08, for a couple of reasons. The 07 SXT uses a 5 speed tranny with a lower gear ratio rear diff, 19/27 MPG. The 08 SXT uses a 4 speed tranny and a higher ratio rear diff (17/24 MPG)...just barely above a Hemi. And the cruise control isn't too bad, you get used to it. Same cruise control in a Mercedes AMG.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:19 PM
magnumsrt8pick

Yes, I suppose like anything else I could get used to the cruise control. U make a good point. More importantly for me though is whether or not parts would be available for the car now that it is discontinued.

I have heard from a few people that I would be SOL if I were to have a problem with the car because parts would no longer be available. Obviously, the Magnum shares a ton parts with the Charger and 300. Just wondering if there might be something that I am missing in regard to parts specific for the Magnum that will no longer be available.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 AM
2k7RT

Hell yeah!!!.
A sure future classic. Parts will be no prob. As for gas$3 to $4 to maybe $5-$7. Just adapt to these scumbag oil theives. Find a closer job or ask, I mean demand a raise, for this Dammit to Hell inflation. I'm just waiting for this *****-effen to hit $4 in cali so I can take action. And then one day in 2k9 when gas is back to $1.00 a gallon....I will floor my sh*t 24/7!. For now its MDS cruisin my brothas.

Lates!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:47 PM
magmagnum
Rookie

Parts availability will not be a problem....think of how many cars change every few years , and you can still buy parts for them , even though they no longer make that exact car anymore. Very few parts are normally carried over from a major makeover.

.....oh , and don`t hold your breath for gas to be $1 a gallon ever again...$2.25-$2.50 MAYBE[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 11-22-2007, 09:29 PM
magnumsrt8pick

I guess I should have phrased my concern about parts differently.

You make a good point that there are lots of discontinued cars out there with parts that are still available. However, how many of those cars are limited production vehicles like the SRT that were once manufactured in concert with a company that is no longer part of the partnership.

It could very well be that I am overstating this or perhaps overly concerned. But, if I buy this car, I am going out on a limb with it, because I would be trading in a trusty minivan for it. So I guess that I am trying to make sure that while the decision is mostly about fun driving...well ALL about fun driving... it doesn't blow up in my face.

Quick Reply: It's official. The Magnum is discontinued