Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

ECU Replacement Problems and Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 10:09 AM
nofixxe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Replacement Problems and Questions.

Hi, Was driving down the highway in my 2003 neon and stalled out. Had to replace sensor that effects the cruze before that. Towed home and did a test to find no spark. Replaced the Throttle position, Cam position, and Coil Pack, and still no fix so now I'm down to the ECU because I don't see any issue with the wires.

The car has the special security key that prevents the car from starting without it. Is this going to be an issue where if I replace the ECU it still wont start because of the key thing? Is it possible that this feature is causing the no spark in the first place? Was also worried about the mileage and if it will change it when the ECU is replaced. Any other things to worry about? How do I go about finding the correct part/part number?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nofixxe; 03-28-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

A failed crank position sensor can cause no spark. Is your fuel pump priming when at key on?

Old 03-29-2014, 12:57 PM
nofixxe

Yes it is priming. I changed that sensor and the only thing left is the ECU I think. Changed a lot of sensors on the thing. before the no spark and I'm just worried that when I change the ECU it still wornt start because of the security key. I cant afford new though.

Quick Reply: ECU Replacement Problems and Questions.