Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Pablo2.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mounts

I have an 05 Dodge Neon and everything was fine until a shop changed my upper and lower torque strut mounts. I've tried to align but can't get it wright. Because I had someone change the left and right mounts. Now everything's out of alignment. Help.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:52 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Pablo2.
I have an 05 Dodge Neon and everything was fine until a shop changed my upper and lower torque strut mounts. I've tried to align but can't get it wright. Because I had someone change the left and right mounts. Now everything's out of alignment. Help.
Created your own thread. Please add more detail. What are you trying to align?

Old 02-20-2016, 12:12 PM
tired old man
Veteran

Replacing the upper and lower torque struts on the engine is very straight forward. Replacing the center motor mount and transmission mounts is a bit more challenging.

Let us know if that's what you are talking about.

If you are talking about the suspension struts, that's a totally different animal. If you had someone replace those you will most likely have to take the car to an alignment shop, most folks lack the tools to align the front end.

I have experience in aligning vehicles from when I had my shop but lack the tools these days to do the job right. You can get it in the ball park with a tape measure so you can get it to a proper shop but home alignment usually causes premature tire wear.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Pablo2.
Default Motor Mounts

I'm talking about my all my engine mount being out of alignment in relation to each other. I'm going to try and adjust again.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:07 PM
tired old man
Veteran

I guess I just don't understand. For the top and bottom mounts you simply take them off and put the new one on. For the center one on that end you have to jack the engine up and down a lot but again it is simply pull the dead one and replace it.

For the other end on the transmission you do have to remove a lot of stuff but once you get to it also is simple to remove and replace.

Now my question is did you replace them all including the middle one on the passengers side of the engine?

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts