Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Tcu?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:40 PM
alishaspinks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tcu?

The speedometer in my 2002 dodge neon recently quit working, and the transmission also quit shifting. I had the computer checked at the garage and they told me it was the output speed sensor. I had it replaced but it did not fix the problem. I never had any problems out of the transmission until the speedometer quit working. I've done some research online and I keep seeing transmission control module or transmission control unit. Could this be what is causing my problem? The speedometer randomly starts working for short periods of time and stops again. While it is working the car shifts fine.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:41 AM
skyeoner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alishaspinks
The speedometer in my 2002 dodge neon recently quit working, and the transmission also quit shifting. I had the computer checked at the garage and they told me it was the output speed sensor. I had it replaced but it did not fix the problem. I never had any problems out of the transmission until the speedometer quit working. I've done some research online and I keep seeing transmission control module or transmission control unit. Could this be what is causing my problem? The speedometer randomly starts working for short periods of time and stops again. While it is working the car shifts fine.
I kinda had the same problem, but the speedometer kept fluctuating when I stepped on the gas. Or I maintain speed.
I will also get this revving sound as I would drive. My code was the tcu. And output sensor. What I did I just replaced the tcu and output and input senor. I changed my transmission oil and filter. The problem was resolved. This was on a 2004 neon 2.0

Quick Reply: Tcu?