Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

A/C Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:10 PM
ferny0426
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Problems

Hello, I am new to the site but was wondering if anyone has come across this problem. I purchased an 08' Nitro R/T a few years ago and when i purchased it from the used car dealer, the a/c had issues. They had the compressor, expansion valve and condenser replaced but the problem still remained. The A/C cools good but I have to stomp on the gas or accelerate hard off the line for it to kick on. I have to do it a few times (6-8) before it finally decides to work good. After turning the car off and letting it rest for a while, I have to go through the same cycle. Anyone have any idea what is going on, it seems to me like its the switch that when you normally stomp on the gas hard the a/c cuts out. Please Help!!!!

Old 04-25-2014, 03:08 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ferny0426
Hello, I am new to the site but was wondering if anyone has come across this problem. I purchased an 08' Nitro R/T a few years ago and when i purchased it from the used car dealer, the a/c had issues. They had the compressor, expansion valve and condenser replaced but the problem still remained. The A/C cools good but I have to stomp on the gas or accelerate hard off the line for it to kick on. I have to do it a few times (6-8) before it finally decides to work good. After turning the car off and letting it rest for a while, I have to go through the same cycle. Anyone have any idea what is going on, it seems to me like its the switch that when you normally stomp on the gas hard the a/c cuts out. Please Help!!!!

Have you tried to have the issue diagnosed by a Chrysler dealer?

Quick Reply: A/C Problems