Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

DIY VP44 replacement vid

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Dvoeltz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer, went to watch the videos and the links do not work. Did anyone download the videos?

Dave in Pierre, SD

Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 PM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

YEAH...i'D LIKE TO SEE THE LINKS TOO--hope someone did download 'em

Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Dvoeltz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found what might be these same videos posted on YouTube. Do a search there for vp44 install. Here is the link to part 1 of one video:

And here is another link to part 1 by Diesel Dan

Both series are great videos and I hope I never have to use them. Got my AirDog and fuel pressure gauge installed this weekend and I'm pushing 17 psi so if the VP44 was OK (no codes to indicate otherwise), I should have one less worry. Mind you, I did this before on my 1999 but had to do it again on the 2001 I am now driving thanks to a kid texting and driving who pulled out in front of me as I was driving down the highway at 65 MPH with a loaded trailer. My 1999 ended up totalled out but we walked away without a scratch. I was so impressed with the structural integrity of the Ram that I got another one like it instead of a newer version. Plus I like the fuel mileage that 5.9 diesel delivers.

Dave in Pierre, SD

Last edited by Dvoeltz; 10-29-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Hit enter too soon.

Quick Reply: DIY VP44 replacement vid